William Frederick Cappers purchased this homestead in 1912 as a 130 acre parcel with buildings. He purchased the home for his parents Edwin Bentley Cappers and Lucinda J. Leighton Cappers after their farm on the Reed Road burnt in 1911 after being struck by lightening.
William F. Cappers traveled to Panama as a plain carpenter and promoted to superintendent of the Panama Railway, Waterway and Dock Construction and the permanent building division.
William's four youngest siblings lived in the home up to the time of their deaths. Three sisters that never married, Nellie Ann (1882-1976), L. Viola (1885-1961), and Georgiana (1890-1959), lived with the youngest Capper's siblings, a brother, Elmer W. (1897-1956).